WHAT PUSHES YOUR BUTTONS?
Mixed media on cardboard attached to wood panel
vacuum cleaner hose, plastic chair leg protectors, plastic nose and handcuffs, pistol-looking cigarette lighter
36 x 36 x 1.5 in.
This piece demonstrates how a person's anger can trigger gun violence. The buttons begin with annoyances caused by rudeness and intensify through the grid. Poverty, horrid living conditions and being treated as an unworthy person leads to despair.
1. an uncovered sneeze
2. loud cellphone yakker in a public place
3. noisy neighbors
4. someone looking at their phone during the movie
5. slowpoke in the passing lane
6. someone hacked into your compuer
7. being robbed
8. being lied to
9. being cheated
10. no job
11. no money
12. living with rats
13. being a victim of crime
14. being accused of a crime you did not commit
15. not being heard or understood
16. pushed too far